The Buzz is a Ruby on Rails application that allows users to create wikis and collaborate on other wikis – like a smaller, trendier version of Wikipedia where users share knowledge and read what everyone’s buzzing about. For a small charge, users can upgrade their membership to Premium, allowing them to view, create, and collaborate on private wikis.
- Users can create a standard account in order to create, edit, and collaborate on public wikis using Markdown syntax; anyone can view public wikis.
- Users can pay to upgrade their account to Premium in order to view and create private wikis.
- Premium users can allow others to view and collaborate on the private wikis they create.
- Premium users can downgrade their account back to Standard.
- When a user downgrades his or her account, his or her private wikis will automatically become public.
Languages, Libraries, and Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap
Databases: SQLite (Test, Development), PostgreSQL (Production)
Development Tools and Gems:
- Devise for user authentication
- SendGrid for email confirmation
- Redcarpet for Markdown formatting
- Pundit for authorization
- Stripe for payments