Bloccit, a Reddit replica, is the first Ruby on Rails app I built. Bloccit is a Ruby on Rails app that lets users post, comment, and vote on links and content.
- Users and guests (those without accounts) can view public topics, posts, and comments.
- Users can create their own accounts in order to view private topics and posts and create their own posts and comments.
- Users can format their posts using Markdown.
- Users can favorite posts they like and vote posts up or down.
- Posts are organized by topic and sorted by their rank (determined by age and number of votes).
- Users can choose to receive email notifications when there are new comments on a post they have favorited.
- Users can upload images to use in their posts and as their avatar.
Languages, Libraries, and Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, jQuery, AJAX, Bootstrap
Databases: SQLite (Test, Development), PostgreSQL (Production)
Development Tools, Gems and Methodologies:
- Test-Driven Development: RSpec, Capybara, FactoryGirl
- Amazon Web Services (S3) for image storage
- Devise for user authentication
- SendGrid for email notifications
- Redcarpet for Markdown formatting
- Will_paginate for pagination
- Pundit for authorization